Preservation is the Art of the City



Preservation is the Art of the City

September 10 - 26, 2015

Party with the Artists: September 10, 6:30 - 9pm - a ticketed event

Opening reception: September 12; 6 - 9pm, free and open to the public

Cantey Lecture and Preservation Awards: September 24, 2015, 6:30 - 8pm - a ticketed event

City Build: A free family event as part of Day in the District: September 26, 2015; 11 - 3pm

Each September Historic Fort Worth, Inc. produces a month-long, multi-faceted event called Preservation is the Art of the City™ at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. In its 13th year, the art show and sale is comprised of works by 48 local artists who paint in a variety of mediums. A special section of the show called Stories of the City is for preservation-themed artworks. Exhibiting artists receive 65% of each artwork sold, with the remaining 35% going to support the 501(c)(3) charitable mission of Historic Fort Worth, Inc. During the month thousands of people visit the show. The list of HFW events and programs occur within the gallery space. Each exposes new audiences to works by talented regional artists.

This year’s honorees are Brad Alford and Dr. John Forestner. Brad is an internationally-respected interior designer with a long history of supporting both local artists and historic preservation. John is a physician and member of the Board of Trustees at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. Both are avid collectors of art.

The 2015 featured artist is James Malone. Malone’s work graces homes and corporate spaces in Fort Worth and nationally. Combining exquisite draftsmanship with a variety of techniques and materials, he creates intuitive and lyrical drawings that invite viewers to share in his emotional response to the varied landscape of Texas.

HFW’s largest program expenses are to operate, maintain and restore the 1899 Ball-Eddleman-McFarland House and the 1904 Thistle Hill as tangible storybooks for all ages about local architecture, architects, decorative arts, cultural history and heirloom gardening.

For more information visit www.historicfortworth.org or contact Suzy Coleman @ 817-336-2344 x100

Fort Worth Community Arts Center

(817) 738-1938

1300 Gendy Street

Fort Worth, TX 76107

Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

get social with us

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

©2018 - 2019 by Fort Worth Community Arts Center.